January 13, 2012

Date Night Not Quite

I planned for a real simple date night tonight. Katy and I don't have too much extra money right now, so it was gonna be simple; I would cook dinner so it would be when she got home from work. I wanted to fix hamburger pie, which we both love, but we didn't have the ingredients. So I finally settled on fish and Annie's Mac & Cheese (not mixed together). I had also bought some margarita mix because that is Katy's favorite drink. We were gonna take all that upstairs to watch the episode of Bones we DVR'd the other day while Katy's grandmother kept George. Pretty simple and a little romantic right?

Well I had forgotten that my car needed to be picked up from the shop. So instead of having dinner ready we went and did that. Once we got home, Katy kept George while I made dinner. After we ate, Katy and I took George upstairs and played until bedtime after which Katy finally got her margarita.

So things didn't go as planned, but we still had fun. I suppose things like this are to be expected when you have a family. All things considered it could have gone a lot worse, especially since it was a Friday the 13th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so sweet Ross! She loved your date night I'm sure! -samantha

PerryPack@aol.com said...

Sounds like a date night to me, even if it wasn't exactly as planned. It's the fact that you wanted one that counts! Love you all!