January 10, 2012

Bragging rights

I have the greatest wife and son in the world! Here's how I know this....

I met Katy when I was at VMI. I wasn't allowed to have a car on post, so every time we wanted to be together she had to drive to see me. Personally, I think she found the uniform irresistible. She also watched me struggle academically and was nothing but supportive. At my lowest, when I had to leave VMI because of a deficient GPA of 1.8, she helped me find VWCC and a major that really worked for me. After working for a lot longer than most people, I finally graduated from Radford University, with distinction, with a degree in criminal justice. She has since continued being supportive of my trying to find a career in the criminal justice field. I wouldn't be where I am today without her, nor would I have such an incredible best friend and spouse.

I have the coolest child ever! I knew this before he was even born. Katy was four months pregnant and hadn't really felt George kick yet. She had felt "flutters", but no real definitive thump. My pipe band plays every year at what is known as "Burns Nicht", an annual dinner celebrating the life and works of the Scotsman Robert Burns. The dinner is held inside at a local hotel and needless to say the bagpipes are rather loud indoors. Katy was listening to us practice and as soon as we struck in with our first song, George let out a huge kick in her stomach. Who else in the world can say that about their child?! Since then he has only gotten cooler. Every night I get to put him to sleep and say a prayer over him and every day I walk into his room once he has woken up to see him wiggling and smiling up at me just because I'm his dad. It never gets old. He has strong little legs and wants nothing more than to be stood up and played with. I can't wait to see what he does next. Check out my wife's blog for pictures of the adorable monster.

3 comments:

*Katy* said...

I love you ♥

Summer said...

Yup your right lol Katy is made of Awesome and that George of ya'lls is pretty much the cutest lil dude ever!

I have a degree in criminal justice and I was a paralegal for quite some years. It took awhile for me to find the exact fit for me but I eventually found that my love for enviromental and Social Security Law was where it was at.

I once interned for a Law Firm that was primarily Criminal and Divorce and it was brutal. Ask Katy I am book smart but really dingy...well one day the attorney I worked for always went on these wild bore hunts...he was gone and the stuffed bore in his office was giving me looks lol...ok kidding but it was freaky and we were cleaning his office so I decided to name him Borus and dust him! Well Borus' fang thingy's fell out hahahha. Us girls put them back in the best we knew how...with electrical tape lol! When Mr. Vanbibber returned...he was pretty hardcore he called a meeting in his office. Trying to keep a straight face he asked who messed with his Bore. I said oh you mean Borus...he said I knew it was you and he started laughing really hard. I said well How come? He said because you taped his fangs in upside down bwhahahahahah!! I really think that is what lead me to get the job out of all the interns bwhahaha my love for Borus...ha! I didn't like that kinda law though to sad, stressful, crazy...hang in there you will find yours...oh and Katy is the most supportive girl ever and one of my bestest bloggy friends. I love her...your lucky to have her!

Summer

PerryPack said...

I love all of you!