February 18, 2012

NFL and MLB

This is the time of year where I have no sports to watch on TV. Football season is over and baseball won't officially start until April. I realize that basketball is still going and NASCAR is about to start back up, but those are sports I just don't care that much about. Both baseball and football are sports I look forward to watching greatly. And when the two overlap in October there is always something good on. I'm a bit odd when it comes to my favorite teams though.

As you can see by previous posts, I am a San Francisco 49ers fan. I've been a fan since I was a kid. The days of Joe Montana, Steve Young and Jerry Rice were the high point of franchise history and that's what got me hooked. I was thrilled to see them reach the playoffs this year for the first time in a long time. Despite not making it to the Super Bowl, the Niners played an epic playoff game against the New Orleans Saints.

As for baseball, I love the Tampa Bay Rays. I've only been a fan for a few years, but once I pick a team I stay dedicated to it. I chose the Rays because the first major league game I ever saw was the Rays beat the Red Sux (yes I spelled that correctly) at Tropicana Field. Ever since I have been a loyal follower.

Opening Day can't get here soon enough. To all you other fans of the boys of summer, hang in there. If you like the boys of fall, enjoy a hotdog and a cold beer at the ballpark and get comfortable, its a long wait,

2 comments:

PerryPack said...

Don't I know it! :-(

*Katy* said...

haha, I love you :)